5.06.2012

scout tee


Scout Woven Tee by Grainline Studio.  I wish picasa had an "iron your clothing" edit, or, I guess someday I'll have to do it myself.


A great, straightforward pattern.  I made a size 6 and it's very roomy, so I might go down to a 4 with the next one.  I wanted to make it a little more interesting than the simple stripe fabric, so I cut it on a 60 degree diagonal.  You can kind of tell here?


I will probably make, like, 19 of these.  In my queue (my actual one, hung up by my sewing machine, not the imaginary 166-item queue on my pinterest) I have the swing back version, once I find a good fabric.  I want to learn how to play around with patterns a little.  I can't wait to see how this looks with the latest cardigan on my needles...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6.5.12

    Nice! I'm still recovering after a 'bout with the Lisette woven tee so I'm a bit allergic to wovens made knit style, but I'm seeing a lot of good chatter about these on the sewing blogosphere lately. I hold your version above others based on the stripes. And the non-ironing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the prestige! I'm not quite at the level of understanding much about what patterns are knit style, etc, so I'll consider my success a happy accident :) And thanks for the encouragement about the non-ironing!

      Delete
  2. I love your version of it! Simple stripes but so pretty and interesting at the same time. I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It probably is one of the more functional things I've made.

      Delete
  3. Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete