Surprisingly, I didn't have to rip out a single stitch.
Pattern: Dress With Knot Front
Fabric: Dropcloth by Jay McCarroll for Free Spirit, purchased on etsy at Fresh Modern Fabric
- Piecing the downloaded pattern was difficult and I had to make a lot of adjustments, but I think that was mostly my own inaccuracies.
- This is a tall pattern, and even though I am 5'10"
I took another 2.5" off the seam of the short version of the dresscorrection: the pattern calls for a 1 7/8" hem allowance, but I chopped off 2.5" and THEN used a 2.5" seam allowance.
- The knot was surprisingly easy and pretty cool to make.
- I just eked out with enough fabric - I didn't notice that it calls for 55" wide fabric and took for granted that it would be standard with 44" - luckily this is an easy fabric to cut any direction so I was able to finagle a strange layout to make it work.
- I love the print, but the fabric itself doesn't have as much drape as I would like.
- The cut of the bust is a little risque unless you've got it all filled out up there! Camisole underneath.
- Overall OK, but not my favorite creation, I think mostly because this is a silhouette that I kind of find a little boring. I'm wondering how I could adjust it but still have it revolve around that nifty knot.
Not a great picture, but just to show the length...