1.01.2012

a hundred posts?

well, this post was supposed to have pictures of today's sunrise, like last year's new years.  but i spent all day dueling with technology, forgetting to get the pictures off the camera before ben took off with it until wednesday.

woops.

this is my 100th post.  i can't tell if that's a lot or not - i've had this blog for two and half years... in those years i have learned a lot about knitting and sewing, but do you know what post got the most comments?  my cat dying.  that sucked, and i was hesitant to post anything because i typically avoid personal posts, but it verified my suspicion - that we're all just interested in getting into someone's life.

blogs are not real life, not even close, and i am absolutely guilty of doing the same.  i'm not really interested in changing my blog towards the more personal; as much as i love comments too much, posting that stuff here ends up being unsatisfying.   

so i guess what i'd like to do is push myself a little more, learn to take better pictures, and start coming up with more original designs.

this is way too much typing without a picture.



i don't really make new year's resolutions, but hopefully 2012 will bring a finished meredith.  because 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 didn't.  what?!  yes, this is a sweater of epic frogging and time-outs.  because apparently an 11-color fairisle isn't ideal for one's first sweater.

GAUGE.

these are the before pictures... the back is now unraveled for the 2nd (or maybe 3rd time).  i'm starting over.  again.  i don't think i even like this sweater anymore - it's about having knitting closure!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.1.12

    It's true...the personal posts I write get more comments too! haha. but just because people don't comment on the non-personal things doesn't mean they aren't reading and enjoying. At least, that is how I interact with my blogroll.
    The sweater is probably like a thesis: you've been working on it so long that you hate it. But it's pretty kickass. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right - it's hard to know sometimes.

    That is a good analogy for the sweater! Luckily I love doing fair isle, I'm just not sure if I'll wear it... I probably should just worry about getting gauge for the moment though and hope this is my last go at knitting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post :) I guess people comment more on personal stuff because they can relate better and find they have more to say on it. At least I often find it hard to comment on crafty stuff because somehow just commenting "I love that" all the time seems silly, even if it's true :)
    I get much fewer comments on my photography than on other topics I blog about, but I hope that's because of the same reason (I definitely hope that :)) ).
    So...I really love that sweater ;) The colors are beautiful and I'm sure you'll grow to love it again once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good point - I should probably comment more when I like something on someone else's blog! It's nice to hear when something thinks you did a good job!

    And thanks about the sweater. I just hope to finish it.

    ReplyDelete