1.05.2012

the first sunrise of 2012


for the second year in a row, we pulled ourselves out of bed, bundled up with tea, cider, and treats and found a sunrise-watching spot... a little different than last year's spot...



an homage to our new, gritty city.  the sun rose over the domino sugar sign!  it was perfect, actually.



and bam, there it was!  even though the locale was very different, the sun didn't disappoint (as if the sun cares how i feel).



my favorite way to start the new year.



ironically, i guess this would fall under "personal," so soon after writing off the "personal."  a couple comments reminded me that the number of comments on a post doesn't always indicate interest, and i've had some reminders that real-life support isn't always what it's cracked up to be...  i'm still not sure i feel very satisfied or comfortable writing much "personal" and i guess what i want is for my creations, and hopefully one day my photos, to be more inspiring than whatever news i might have.

that's on me to push myself and step it up!  crafty dayeseye's recent post (particularly "eight") and her attention towards growth really inspired me.  but i couldn't figure out how to leave a comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment